mercredi 12 septembre 2007

My first days in Norway


Arrival in Oslo

I arrived on Saturday night after spending 3 hours in the plane going from Marseille to Oslo. At the airport I took a bus going till Oslo (because the airport where I arrived was bit far away) and after 2 hours in the bus I finally arrived in the center of Oslo. There, a girl from one of the AIESEC Local Committee of Oslo was waiting for me and we went to my new house. Because, yes, I am living in a beautiful house in Oslo!! J I would say that it is really different from what I was used to in Paris last year! I am sharing this house with two other girls: one from Norway and one from India.


Sightseeing

On Sunday I went sightseeing with one of my room mate. I saw a bit of the city, took a ferry and went till the Folk Museum. It was really nice: we saw some typical Norwegian houses made in wood, some typical dances, etc…

So far I don’t know enough the city to talk about it but Oslo looks really nice. Streets are quite big and there are no high buildings. Compared to Paris where people are running everywhere and stressful, here everyone is relaxed! :)

The public transports are also great: there is bus, tram and metro. You can find maps everywhere so it might be difficult to get lost! :)

About the weather it is still ok but bit cold on the morning or on the evening… But I will get use to and will be prepared for the winter!


First working days

But let’s me talk about my work… my first day work was awesome!!

I started working on Monday morning and the girl from AIESEC came with me. It took us 30 minutes before finding Electrolux building but finally we found it! The finance director, the woman who I am going to work with, welcomed me in the company and introduced me to everyone. She presented me a bit about the company and my job description. I also got a presentation from the company manager of Electrolux in Norway. Actually my first week is full of meeting with Managers.


So far, everything is going well and I couldn’t expect better!

I also going to start some Norwegian classes (Norskkurs:) ) and I hope to speak I bit Norwegian soon!!

2 commentaires:

Rita a dit…

Audrey! ca nous fait de plaisir pour savoir que tu t'amuse beaucoup en norvege... (à?)
alors surtout n'oublies pas de visiter le MC blog aussi, et je t'embrasse... peut etre on se verra a IC 08? vamos pra la aeee! hahaha

Zuzka a dit…

oiiiiii :) que legal vc jah tem a sua pagina!! gostei das suas historias, como vc descreveu experiencia no IC e tudo mais!! continua escrevendo pra agente poder acompanhar sua vida :)
beijosss...Zuzka