dimanche 29 mars 2009

PARIS!!

Paris, here I am. Back to my own country :)
Already more than 10 days that I am back to France and 2 weeks that I left Norway. I still feel that my life is really strange right now. I am looking for a job and I am having interviews everyday. I still do not have my own place; I am staying at the flat of some friends. But since I am here I am enjoying a lot being back to the French life.

Last week it was quite warm in Paris (at least for me coming from Norway) and a lot of sun!! I even went for a jogging in the Parisian streets lol. Different than running in the Norwegian nature… Unfortunately I am waiting to find a job before subscribing to a Capoeira club again. I really miss playing Capoeira… but hopefully soon I will start again.

I am meeting my French friends most of the time here; so great to live in the same city as them. Some of my friends have already tried the Norwegian waffles (see I am bringing the Norwegian culture until Paris). 
I did my first “after work” this week in Paris. Great concept: young people go to a bar/club after work and we just eat, drink, dance and have fun; and of course we have to be well dressed. We went to one located in the Champs Elysées with my friends from the school in Grenoble. Almost 4 years we were not all together at a same place  :)
Last week we had a party in the flat where I am staying and I felt it so different than the Norwegian parties. Here in France, people bring alcohol/drinks and put everything on one table and we just share with everyone. I was a bit shocked to see that again and I was really feeling uncomfortable to take a glass of wine in a bottle that I even didn’t know who bring it. In Norway, it is not usual to share your own alcohol (probably because there it’s too expensive). So I can say that I lost a bit of my French culture… but I am sure it will come back ;-)

What about my interviews? I already did a lot… I am learning to be really patient… Processes take for ages… but I am still confident. Actually I cannot wait to start working again in a new environment, and to start a new life in Paris!

Paris is really a beautiful city. I am keeping my eyes opened every time I see the Eiffel Tower. I am enjoying so much to walk on the Champs Elysées and see the Arc de Triomphe when I am on my way for some interviews. Every where I go in this city I find something beautiful :) Important to say that I am from the Alps so I am a bit like a tourist here :p

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Oi,
Tudo bem? Legal seu post :) acho q o pessoal de paris esta tambem feliz de te ver por aqui.
Nos deixa saber q mais vc encotra como "contre choc culturel".