dimanche 23 août 2009

Back to my own blog :p

Hi!!!

Is there still people reading my blog???

It's a shame, I didn't write anything for month... I have been quite busy since I am back to France. So I guess I have a lot to write here... I don't know from where I should really start... I will try to make a short summary and probably will come back on some points later on.

Back from Norway mid march, I started to search for a job in Paris... After several interviews with head hunters, companies during 5 or 6 weeks ; I finally got a great job in Novartis (pharmaceutical company). It has not been easy to get this one and I had to go through 5 interviews. I got the final answer end of April and started working there on the 11th of May ; exactly 2 months after I ended in Electrolux in Norway. Everything went so fast... For sure I cannot complain, especially when we know that there is a crisis and a lot of people searching for job. 

After getting a job I had to search for a flat. It is kind of hard to get a flat in Paris and of course it was just impossible to get a flat without having a job (and not a good idea neither when we know that it is expensive in Paris). So beggining of May I started to visit flats and here also I have been really lucky. In less than 2 weeks I were moving to my own flat :D By the way I am really thankfull to my friends who hosted me in Paris for 2 months ;-) So mid of May I were living in a empty flat... so the next step was to buy everything!! Today I really like my flat: 30m², only for myself (that's inbelievable after all the flat share or student rooms I have been living in). I even get a view on the top of the Eiffel Tower and on the Sacré Coeur (even if it is really small from my windows :p)

So since I am having a kind of "normal life", working a lot that's for sure by spending some evenings at the office. I didn't travel some much since I am back but still, I have been to Dijon - french city (a week end with some friends), Etretat in Normandie with my company, visiting my family in the Alps several times, in Netherlands visiting a Dutch friend, and in La Ciotat - great city at the sea closed to Marseille. 

Because I do not have any holidays this year, I am enjoying the sun in Paris everytime it's possible by doing some sport, having pic nic and meeting friends in the city!

Talking about sport... I cannot wait to play Capoeira again. I think I have found a nice Capoeira group here in Paris, I have been to 2 trainings in August but it was hard, so I am waiting for the normal training to start again in September! 

Tonight I was reading some notes I wrote down end of 2008 when I was reflected about staying in Norway or not (for more info read the post of Nov.08). I could read that I was looking for a change, looking for new challenges, looking to work in a younger environment, looking forwards to spend more time with my family, dreaming about having a flat only for myself, looking to work in a team. I still remember all the doubts I had... today I can affirme that I made the right choice!! I have tried to get something different and I really think I did it. I love my new job: working in the pharmaceutical sector it's complex, hard but really challenging and interesting. I am working in a young environment and I really feel that I am part of team. Of course I still have a lot to achieve... One of my objective this year was to go back to Brazil. I will have to postpone it for next year, but it's still on my list! I am starting to miss Norway so hoppefully I will go there in few weeks to spend a week end, meet some friends again, walk in the street of Oslo, and hear people snakker Norsk :)

Now it is time to go to bed. I will have a hard week at work. But I promise I will try to get better at writing in my blog more often! :D

A bientot!

Hasta luego!

Até mais!

Bye Bye!

Ciao!

Ha det bra!

1 commentaire:

Patrick a dit…

Eu ainda estou lendo. Pra isso coloquei o seu blog no RSS. Assim fico sempre sabendo quando voce atualiza, mesmo que demore 2 anos!

Espero que voce venha logo pra Oslo!!!

Bjao e saudades