dimanche 28 octobre 2007

Excel - AIESEC conference

10 days ago I went to Bergen for the first national conference of AIESEC in Norway! Bergen is a city on the cost west of Norway. This city is known for the beautiful weather! hehe Actually it is raining everyday and people says that even if it is sunny, don't forget to take your umbrella with you!
So I arrived there by plane on Tuesday night. Ah I forgot to mention that I was Faciliator for this conference that's why I came so early. Pre meeting started on Wenesday. We were a faci team of 11 people. We had a lot of work to do during 5 days but the conference was really great and I really enjoyed it. I facilitated some sessions for EB Members and also the simulation for the new members.
Conferences, here in norway, are very different to what I am used in France. We were hosting in a hotel and the conference took place at the university. The official dinner was a REAL official dinner. It was a buffet with Italian food in the restaurant of the hotel!! really nice.
Parties are quite different as well. Every LC is starting pre parties in some room.
But the atmosphere of the conference is the same: work, fun, @ dances, roll call...
In Norway there is only 5 LCs but there was around 150 delegates at the conference.

I really enjoy my experience as Faci. It was cool to work again full time for AIESEC, even if it was only for 5 days! I liked working with the MC and I have learnt more about @ in Norway.
I also have a lot of fun with the interns, most of them came for the week end. We started creating a kind of Intern roll call, but still need to be improved!! :)

The last day we went sightseeing in the city. After 5 days of work I could see a bit of Bergen. Really nice city. From the top of the city I could see montains and the sea in the same time!
Then on Sunday night with the Faci team we had pos meeting.
I came back in Oslo by bus and arrived on Monday morning. I just had time to go back to my place, take shower and go to work!! I was dead tired but it has been an amazing experience.
I don't know why but it has been one of my best @ conference, maybe because I was faci but also Intern!


Next conference will be in Tromdheim. For sure I will be there. But I am thinking going only for the week end and enjoying the conference as in intern. After 4 years working in AIESEC, participating to so many conferences and working hard, I am just waiting for the time when I will participate at an @ conference just for the FUN: party and sightseeing!!
So I am really looking foward to the next conference!


Aucun commentaire: