samedi 12 juillet 2008

Internship now, but what's next?

That's a good question! I came to Norway last September and was supposed to stay for one year... My AIESEC intern contract has already been extended to March 2009. But then?
It is a question that I have asked myself quite a lot these last weeks.

Few weeks ago, I told myself that next year, or I am back to France, or why not about staying a bit more in Norway. I didn't feel going to a new country again. It is an amazing and unique experience living and working abroad, but I think it was time for me to stop changing countries or cities every year... I start being tired of starting from zero again every year (meeting new people, making new friends, adapting myself to a new country, languages, environment...).
During my holidays in France, I realized that I miss my own country, friends, and would really like to go to Paris and work there for a while.
But in a way, I know that the life in Paris is a bit... let's say "crazy"! People are stressed, running all the time (subway, street...) and don't take time for enjoying life. They go to work at 9am and leave the office at 7pm, and then spend 1 hour in the subway to come back home. Maybe some people will not agree with me but it is really my opinion after leaving one year in Paris and see how my friends live there. When I compared that to Norway, I can see that I can considerate myself as lucky! Most of time, I am at the office from 8am to 4-5pm. Quality of life here is great! During summer days are so long, that actually after my day at the office, it is another day which is starting!!

So I took a decision: not think to much about that now! :) Now it is summer and soon holidays again!!
And in September, I will think seriously about my future. I even already have a meeting planned with my manager to talk about that. I feel that they would like me to continue working in Electrolux (maybe not in Norway, but at least in Europe...)... we will see...

...to be continued!



Aucun commentaire: