mercredi 27 août 2008

Holidays Part 1 Germany

So after a crazy week at work in August (3 weeks ago) I got 2 weeks holidays!
Crazy week because my manager was still in holidays and I was in charge of most of the financial processes of the company in Norway. It has been a really busy week with a lot of responsibilities but I enjoyed it a lot.

So when came Friday evening (on the 8th), I was really tired, but still found some energy to pack, chating on Skype with a friend and going to bed at midnight.
After only 3 and half hours of sleep my alarm clock rang: it is was time to get up and go to the airport... completly sleepy, I took my flight at 7am to Berlin. I woke up when the plane landed in Germany and at this time I realized that my holidays were starting!! Great feeling!!
Few hours later I was in the city center of Berlin searching for my friend Zuzka (great friend from Slovakia ;) ) The square was so huge that we couldn't find each other!

We spent 2 and half days in Berlin visiting the city! Sunday was a raining day but we enjoyed it reading all the history of the Berlin Wall under the rain with our umbrella!
Berlin is a really nice city with a lot of parks and green areas. Even the parliament is great: you can just go on the top and take a sunbath ;) (see picture bellow)
On Monday morning we went to the Berlin Zoo and because of the monkeys we almost missed our train!

We then spent the afternoon in the train going to Dortmund. We stayed the night there with some other AIESEC interns, and on Tuesday we got to know the city. Nothing really special to see in Dortmund except a really cool water game in a square where you can play with.
On the evening we arrived in Düsseldorf, the city in the west part of Germany where Zuzka is going her internship.

I stayed there until Friday 15th, but I traveled one day to Cologne and Bonn, saw the Cathedral, DHL tower, the river...
With Zuzka we also went to Duisburg, city closed to Düsseldorf!! and you know why this city is so special?? because there is a Lego land there!!! it was a lot of fun!! so many years I didn't play with Lego!! hehe!!

My time is Germany was great!!
Why??
First because of my friend Zuzka!! It was great to see her again and spend one week with her!!
I have never been to Germany before so everything was new for me!! I like the country even if sometimes German people was a bit cold with me because I was talking in English and asking them to reply to me in English too (because I don't speak German at all).
I tasted severals German beers and I like it too :)
I was really sad to leave Germany...

Aucun commentaire: