samedi 2 août 2008

July...

Already beginning of August... time goes fast...
Spending July in Norway was great and I have been really surprise by the weather.
The last 2 weeks it was warm and sunny, apparently Oslo was one of the warmest place in Europe! Can you believe that??

Here comes the proof with a picture:
That a picture of the beach here in Oslo, and as you can see it was really crowded!!


July was also the month for the National Day in France: on the 14th of July!
Usually I never remember what I have done on the 14th of July. We don't celebrate it so much in France, except it is a day off and we can watch some fireworks on the evening.
But this year, I will remember it for many years!! :D The 14th of July in Norway was awesome.

Stéphane (an other French intern in Oslo) and myself, we went to the French embassy. They had a special reception for the national day. I got the afternoon off with my job and at 1pm we were at the "residence of France". After being welcomed by the ambassador of France, we entered in the garden. There, there was a buffet (with charcuterie, cheeses, French bread, French desserts) and of course some French wine and Champagne!
It was really formal but a lot of fun! Unfortunately it started raining when a woman started singing the French national hymn...
We had a nice time and met a lot of French people working in Oslo too, listened to some French old songs... That's so cool to get the food and drinks payed by the French government!! And even more when you know how much that costs in Norway! :D


July was also the month when my youngest sister came to visit me here in Oslo. She stayed here for 4 days with a boy friend. I really enjoyed having her in Norway. I showed them the city and we walked a lot in all the touristic places in Oslo. We rented a car for one day and drove to Fredrikstad, in the south east of Oslo. We stopped also in Drobak (the city of Santa Claus) and Hankaa (really nice city located on the east cost of the Oslo Fjord).

We took some crazy pictures in Frogner Parken (it is park in Oslo with hundred of naked status!) and had a lot of fun!!

More pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/audrey.coullet/OsloNorway_Part3

Finally, July was really relaxing at the office. Most of the employees were in holidays.
Next week will be really busy! but next Saturday I am taking a plane to Berlin!!
So my next post will be probably in few weeks, telling you about my holidays in Germany and Portugal!!

1 commentaire:

Jean Penny a dit…

mais si Audrey on lit ton blog!
on ne t'a pas oublié et on t'aime! mais pense à revenir en France un jour, sinon tu vas finir en glaçon ;)
signé: tout le monde que tu connais en France!!