mercredi 27 août 2008

Holidays Part 2 Portugal

After one week in Germany, I took my flight from Düsseldorf to Faro, in the south of Portugal, in the region called Algarve. Sad to leave Germany but happy to go to Portugal, country where I have never been to...
There I met my friend Emilie, a really sweet French girl ;)!! We decided to spend this week together in Portugal!! I am really enjoying these kind of moments when I can meet my friends from France again. In the last years I have been spending more time abroad than in France and I really miss my French Friends!!

We spent 3 days in Faro and enjoyed the sun a lot!! but the sea was really really cold!! even in Norway it was warmer this summer... I still don't understand how that can be possible but anyway... south of Portugal is beautiful!! These 3 days in Faro were really relaxing: beaches, sun, good food, Portuguese beers... exactly what we can expect from holidays in a warm country :)

On Monday 18th we took a bus to Lisbon (3 hours from Faro) where we planned to stayed until the end of our holidays. So far, everything was great, and unfortunately it couldn't continue in the same way... as soon as we arrived in Lisbon, we took the subway to go to the hostel, where we booked 2 beds for 4 nights. It was almost 11pm when we got there and guess what the reception guy told us?? (Portuguese joke) Answer: that I called them 3 days ago to cancel the reservation of the first night!! Of course I never did it but the guy didn't want to believe and told me there were no free bed anymore for the night!! So after some minutes, he gave us an other address for the night (5 minutes from the hostel) where I went with my friend! This place was so bad and expensive!! but not only that: it was really scary!! strange people... the didn't close, furnitures were moving and so on... The positive point is I had a friend from Serbia, Ivan, we were also in Lisbon the same night, so we decided to meet in the city center and going out to the Bario Alto!!

Bario Alto is probably one of the best place to go out in Lisbon!! It is a small area in the city center, with some small streets and bars eveywhere!! The night was really good!! We drunk some cheap Mojitos (after Norway everything is so cheap for me :) ) and had a really good time!!
We came back walking to this "amazing" hostel and went to bed at 5.30 am!! At least with Emilie, we didn't spend so much time in this wonderful room!!

The day after we came back to "our" initial hostel and got our beds for 3 nights! :) ouf!
We spent one day at the beach not so far from Lisbon, but unfortunately the weather was not so good and it was cold! The rest of the time we enjoyed in Lisbon! The city is wonderful!!

Resume of our agenda in Lisbon: restaurants, walking, sightseeing, relaxing, beers, eating Pasteis de Belem, listening Fado (typical Portuguese music - we spent our last evening in one of these typical restaurants listening Fado), drinking shot de casa in the Bario Alto (each bar in the Bario Alto has his own shot de casa. it is a shot with a mix of different alcohol)...


Emilie left Lisbon one Friday morning and me on the evening. So during the day I had a walk closed to the Vasco de Gama bridge. The second biggest bridge in Europe (after the one in Denmark) : 17km!!
I was so sad: holidays were over... and honestly after spending this amazing holidays in Germany and Portugal, I didn't want to come back to Norway where the winter is coming and where it is going to be cold and dark!!
But that's life!! Holidays can not last for ever...

On Friday evening and after 4 hours in the plane, I arrived at Oslo airport. It was 1 am!!
I took a bus at 2am to the city center of Oslo... and then walked home... I arrive at home at 3am and went to bed at 3.30 am...

It has been exactly 2 weeks holidays!! 2 weeks that I will never forget!! It is great to be able to travel in places where we have never been and meet new people!!
Now I am back to Oslo and the real life... back to work at Electrolux where I still have 6 months contract with... I still don't know what I will do next but for sure I have realized a lot of things during my holidays and I know that will help me to make my choice regarding what will be next for me!!

1 commentaire:

Dey Dos a dit…

Baby You Came T Lisbon And Said Nothing!!!

I am sad...

Dey