mardi 18 novembre 2008

Business trip to the Electrolux HQ

Today was a special day: it was my first business trip with Electrolux, and I just want to share some words about it.
I had a meeting/training in the Electrolux Headquarter today, in Stockholm.

So here comes a summary of my day:
Waking up around 5 am in order to be on time for my flight Oslo - Stockholm at 7.40 am. After a short time in the sky, I arrived in Stockholm, went out of the airport and took a taxi. I was already impressed to see that I even don't need to give the adress to the taxi driver, he knew perfectly where the Electrolux Office was! I guess that Swedish are proud of Electrolux :D
After 40 minutes in the taxi I arrived in front of the Electrolux building: a huge building!!!
From my first minute inside the building I was already impressed. The hall is huge, colourful, with Electrolux white good and vacum cleaners everywhere!! One person for Stockholm came to pick me up at the entrance and show me quickly some floors and offices, and few minutes later our meeting was already starting.
Finally, I got to meet some people I have been in touch with for months but never meet before.
The meeting lasted from 10am to 4.30pm. With 45 minutes break for lunch. The most funny part was when we got to the cantin to take our lunch, a paper was standing at the entrance saying that because of some problem with the dishwasher today we should use plastic plates and glasses. hahaha is that not funny when you are in the Headquarter of Electrolux and you can find white good at each floor??? But I still believe Electrolux products are the best ones! :D
By the way, the cantin in Stockholm is completly different of the one in Norway: in Stockholm they have real food with warm dish, meat, etc etc! uhuu! that was great!!
Then back to the meeting... really interesting by the way :)
4.30pm, the meeting is over. Time for me to go back to the airport... on my way out, I met again one AIESEC alumni (he was MCP some years ago and Electrolux-AIESEC Global Coordinator last year) (I say again because I met him several times during the days :) ) It was interesting to talk to him and share my impression about Electrolux in Stockholm.
I could see today how dynamic, young and international is the working environment in Electrolux in Stockholm. It is about 800 people working there. I can say I fail in love with the Headquarter of Electrolux!! hahaha I am really proud to work for ELECTROLUX!!!
So after this short talk... taxi again... airport again... and flying from Stockhom to Oslo (stopping by the duty free, of course, do not forget I am living in Oslo, the most expensive country in this world). Few minutes later I was back to Norway... and now already back home!

This day was great and really interesting!! I will actually be back to Stockholm in 10 days, and going to spend 3 days there... visiting friends, sightseeing, having fun etc etc and spending one day again in the Electrolux HQ (instead of working from Norway I will work from Stockholm for one day) :D

Aucun commentaire: