dimanche 9 novembre 2008

Capoeira


Capoeira... I started end of August and I am enjoying it so much!!
So I just want to share a bit here about this Brazilian Sport because I realize that a lot of people never hear about this sport before.

I discovered it before going to Brazil and I have always been so impressed when I see people playing Capoeira! For me it is such a beautiful sport to watch. When I was in Brazil, in the city called Salvador (on the east cost of Brazil) I had the chance to see Brazilians playing Capoeira in the street and that was impressing!
Of course I was dreaming to know how to play but it looks so hard!! I promised myself that if one day I will be back to Brazil I will learn Capoeira. I am unfortunatelly not back to Brazil but I decided to try :D
I can confirm that it is really really hard!! But I just love it!!

And playing Capoeira, it is not only "playing", but it is also singing and playing instruments!! So imagine how happy I am: I can feel a bit being in Brazil when being in Norway :D

So here comes a bit more information about it:
CAPOEIRA is an Afro-Brazilian art form that ritualizes movement from martial arts, games, and dance. It was brought to Brazil from Angola some time after the 16th century in the regions known as Bahia, Pernambuco, Rio de Janeiro, Minas Gerais, and São Paulo. Participants form a roda or circle and take turns either playing musical instruments (such as the Berimbau), singing, or ritually sparring in pairs in the center of the circle. The game is marked by fluid acrobatic play, feints, and extensive use of sweeps, kicks, and headbutts.

You can of course read more on the net but I just would like to share a video with you, and maybe now you will understand better what Capoeira is about :D
I like this video because it is a video from my Capoeira Club here in Oslo, made last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGmUBdWisZ0

1 commentaire:

Jean Penny a dit…

pour égayer un peu, je te met un comment :)
merci pour l'article sur la capoeira! tu es décidement bien plus brésilienne que moi ;) content que ça te plaise beaucoup! tu nous fais une démo en décembre ;)
bises, à bientôt
jonhjonh