dimanche 9 novembre 2008

Norwegian winter...

It is only beginning of November and it has already been snowing here in Oslo. It will be my second winter but it is actually more scary than the first one :D It is getting dark and cold again.
That's really crazy to see how the spring or the summer can be SO DIFERENT from the winter time. During summer there is around 20 hours of sun a day in Oslo, but unfortunatelly it is only 3 or 4 during winter. I realise that it is not easy to live in a country when the weather can change so much!! You just get confused!
But now, we are all getting ready for the winter again and not spending so much time outside.
But this year I have my cross country skies and my ice skating shoes, so I am completly ready to enjoy the snow!!

Talking about the winter and the fact that the sun is not present so much... a lot of people have been telling me about the D vitamin. I don't know a lot about it but it is actually a vitamin that you body create with the sun (and I think this vitamin acts directly on your skin and bones). So the problem is : what should you do when you spend a winter in a country like Norway where you don't see the sun for several month?? The answer is: you go to the pharmacie and buy some D Vitamin :D
I didn't do it last year but because so many people recommanded to me, I told myself that I will do it for this winter. So it's what I did 2 days ago, and I went to buy some D Vitamin.
But actually this kind of thing is a mix between D Vitamin, Omega 3 and Fish oils!! And it is acually horrible with a really bad taste (even if I bought the one with Lemon taste)!!!! Bahhhhhhhhhhhh It's a kind of liquid which smells FISH and I have to take every day for the whole winter!!!! Bouhhhhhh I didn't know it was so hard to survive to a winter up north of Europe! HAHAHAHA

So my advise today :D will be: Guys, enjoy the SUN if you are somewhere where the sun is shinning!! :D
But I am actually really looking forward to go back to France for Christmas and get a bit of sun in my French Alps :)

By the way, with some of the interns here in Norway we are planning a trip to the North of Norway to see the Northern Lights!! So if you are around and would like to join, just let me know! That will be also exciting to spend some days ina place where the sun will never show up during the whole day.

Aucun commentaire: